Thursday, August 24, 2017

Morning & Evening Trips Today

3.65lbs/18" Craw Tube (Brown/GP)
6:20-9:15AM Green Cabin & NW Bays
Conditions: 54-62℉. Partly Cloudy, ESE Wind
Water Temp: 67℉

I arrived in Green Cabin Bay about 5 minutes before the sunrise.  It was windier then expected.  I didn't get a hit on the flat with the Plopper and nothing in the pads and reeds on the Sprinker.  Finally when I was into the rice this 17 incher crush my Bobby's Perfect Frog.
3.19/17" Bobby's Perfect (Brown/Sunfish)
I then missed my next 2 or 3 hits, before I caught a 15" in the same spot I had hooked and lost a fish earlier.  I think I missed a couple more hits.  Then had a couple of small pike mess with me in the pads and open water.  As it was coming up on 8AM I moved to the NW Bay.  There I got two bass (16.6,14.5) on the white/pink Spro Sprinker knock off as I came into the convergence of rice, reeds, and pads. Then there was pretty much nothing until I got to the small bulrush area.  There I had both Sprinker tails get bit off in short order and caught this 27" pike, which I forgot to weigh.

27" Bobby's Perfect (Brown/Sunfish)
I missed a few hits when I got to the juice.  I would have liked to fish longer, but Dad needed the car back by 10.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15" Craw Tube (Brown/GP)
7:45-8:45PM West Point
Conditions: 65℉, Partly Cloudy, E Wind
Water Temp: 71℉

I think Dad finally got home a little after 6PM and I wasn't ready to leave.  Totally my fault because I had an hour's advance notice when he would be home.  I decided to hit West Point first.  I had a fish hit, but not get the Rat ta tat Plopper at the juice dock on my first pass.  I got the 15 incher under the pontoon of the juice dock as I worked my way back into the wind.  I missed a couple of hits over by the tree dock.  I then got a 11 inch dink in the same spot the 15" came from.  I got the 18 incher from the picture at the top of the blog right smack dab in the juice just to the east of the pontoon.  I missed a couple more bites.  Didn't get anything off of the next dock to the East.  It was starting to get dark so I ran to the pad point area where I had one hit at the SSKO, but not get it.  The skeeters weren't bad at all with the bit of wind and the cool weather we have been having.
15.49 for my Best 6 today
7 Bass
3 Pike

No comments: