Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Slow Evening Trip

3.24/18" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty
6:30-8:30PM Across from P.A. & NW Bay
Conditions: 70's, Mostly Sunny, Very Light SW Wind, water level high and rising.
Water Temp: 70-73℉
Lake level slowly rising
It was beautiful out tonight, but the fish are not feeding up for fall yet.  That or I am wildly out of touch with where the fish are and I don't think that's the case.  I started fishing by the cane across from the pubic access.  I had a small pike jump at least 5 feet straight up with my yellow Spro Sprinker knock off.  I had a couple more pike hit the Sprinker and I got an 11" bass on the Sparrow/Sunfish Bobby's Perfect.  Had that Bobby's Perfect get bit off.  It just wasn't happening in this area so I moved at about 7:15.

18" Hack/Craw Fatty

That fish stole my tail

Even less was going on the NW bay.  Other than the 18 incher that stole my Sprinker knock off tail that I caught on a Hack Jig it was pretty dead.
Just a short pitch into the reeds away to get her
Ok I missed a couple of hits, but the fish just were not hot for topwater tonight.  Bummer because conditions were great.
Only 2 Bass Tonight
2 Bass
3 Pike

No comments: