Tuesday, August 22, 2017

GOMH & West Point This Morning

6:00-6:50AM GOMH NE
7:30-9:15AM West Point
Conditions: 54-64℉, Mostly Sunny, West Wind, Water Level High
Water Temp: 68℉

At the GOMH I caught a 14.25" on the bluegill Pure Poison and I lost another one about the same size.  I didn't think to take a picture of the fish.  I don't know how it was I wasted so much time at the GOMH this morning, but I sure did that.
15" Craw Tube (Brown/GP)
The original plan in the Trophy was for me to head across from the public access on Platte. But I decided to stop at West Point first.  The wind really picked up and it was bright sun so I elected to stay close. I got two dinks off of the juice dock (craw tube, Hack Jig) and the 15 incher off of the tree dock on the craw tube.  I had a good size fish blow up on the yellow Spro Sprinker KO and miss it completely.  It could have been a dogfish as I saw one or a few surface a few times.  I had a small pike take a swing a the Hack Jig in the rice.
15.75" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty (Okeechobee Craw/Pumpkin)
Got the last fish of the morning pitching to the complex dock.  I had the fish over a crossbar.  Fortunately, it stayed hook until I was in a position to boat flip it in over the dock.  I ended up fishing through Paul Allen's first segment. Ohh Well.
7.29lbs
5 Bass
1 Pike

No comments: