Sunday, August 06, 2017

Got A Big One And A Beautiful Sunset

19.25"/4.23lbs Whopper Plopper 130 (Sexy Shad)
6:45-9:00PM Across the Way, SW Flat Small Island
Conditions: 71℉, Mostly Cloudy, Calm
Water Temp: 75-73℉
 I thought the fish would really be chomping tonight, but it was pretty dead.  I tried working out across the way where I saw some fish bust the other morning heading towards the reeds.  I was about to put the Plopper down with one last cast along the reeds when the big one blasted it.  Had one fish slash at the frog in the reeds, probably a pike.  I went back out of the reeds.  On the way to the small island I briefly stopped at the tip of the reeds East of the small island.  Nothing there.  I went on the back side of the small island working towards the SP.  I got one 15.75" bass on the Plopper and 3 pike.  A West wind came up around 8:40.  Didn't get a hit after that.
2 Bass
3 Pike

No comments: