Saturday, August 05, 2017

Long Morning on the Water

18.25"/3.72lbs Zoom Horny Toad (Watermelon)
6:00AM-2:00PM East of Jenny's, West Point, SPSI, SWSI Flat, East of GOMH, Channel Inn Bay
Conditions: 53-72℉, Partly to mostly cloudy, Calm for the most part
Water Temp: 73℉
I got out to the lake about 15 to 20 minutes later than I should have.  Got everything loaded up and on the water just a bit before 6AM.  I headed over to the pad point.
15.25" Shower Blows 105 (Bluegill)
I got this fish and a 12.5" off of a a couple of lone strands of rice out from the pads. Spent to much time trying to make something happen to the West.  Went to West Point and got a 12" on a green pumpkin craw tube.  I then headed to SPSI.
16.25" Craw Tube (Green Pumpkin)

I got this 16.25" in the reeds on the tip of the point and an 11.75" out by the buoy.  I then decided to throw the Whopper Plopper  on the flat and they were on it.
17"/2.88lbs Whopper Plopper 130 (Rat Ta Tat)
The 17 incher was the biggest one I caught but maybe not the biggest one I had on.  I got 3 good one's on the flat (16, 17, 15.25) and a 14.25" then the action quit.  I went over by the slop way to the East of GOMH.  When I came to where a point comes out I got into a flurry where I had a really good fish get off when it buried me in the coontail.  I then missed two bites in short order before hooking up with a 16.25".  I got one last 14 incher on the Plopper either there or in Channel Inn Bay, I forget.  I got a 14" in the slop on a Bluegrass Mad Maxx.
18.25" Horny Toad (same as 1st Pic)
 I then moved to Channel Inn Bay, the rice got to thick for using the Plopper so I switched to the Horny Toad and the big one lit me up by where some pads met the thick rice line.  I got a 16.75" on my next cast.  I got 15.75" on a Bluegrass Sexy Mad Maxx and had a good fish bury me on a stalk of rice and get off on Big Sexy.  I also found some pike in Channel Inn Bay on the Horny Toad and Maxx.  The Sun came out at about 1PM.  Didn't get but one bite that I missed after that.  I quit at 2PM.  The longest trip I have spent in the Trophy in years. My leg/back was really feeling it when I was done.
My Best 6 Bass
17 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: