Monday, August 07, 2017

Good Morning Trip

4.10lbs/18.75" Hack Attack Jig/Craw Fatty (OCraw/bb)
5:45-11:45AM GOMH, East Of Jenny's, Reeds Across the Way, Back to East of Jenny's
Conditions: 52-75℉, Mostly Sunny, Calm
Water Temp: 73℉





16.75" Mad Maxx (Big Sexy)
Because the full moon was still up I decided to head to the GOMH to get some pictures and of coarse I did some fishing.  I got the 16.75" jumper on Big Sexy on the NE side casting into the tunnel.  And I got a 15.5" jumper on the SW side casting under the tunnel on a green pumpkin craw tube.  I then had the craw tube get bit off.  I decided to throw big Sexy, caught a scrub weed on my back cast and overran the hell out of my Tatula SV when I didn't put my thumb on the spool.  With that rod out of comission I headed to the Trophy.
16.75" Whopper Plopper 130 (Sexy Shad)
16+" Ever Green Shower Blows 105 (Bluegill)
17.25" Shower Blows 105
So I headed over to the pad point East of Jenny's and got an 11" and 16.75" on the Sexy Shad Whopper Plopper 130.  A fish busted off of the rice point East of Jenny's so I went over there and got nothing per usual.  I went back to the pad point and busted three 16 inchers (16.75, 16.5, 16.25) and  the 17.25" on the bluegill Shower Blows.  I had a couple of fish blow up on it and not get hooked as well.  I then picked up the Hack Attack Jig and got a 15.25" bass on it and a couple of pike.
25.75" Hack Attack Jig/Craw Fatty
I then went across the way and got nothing on the flat, along the reeds, or docks until I got to the opening separating the reed bed.  I lost an 18/19ish fish when I didn't get a good hookset.  I really should have been expecting a hit because that back corner has been good in the past.  It's got reeds and cabbage mixed together there.  About 5 minutes later I got my big one for the morning there pitching into the reeds.
4.10lbs Hack Attack/Craw Fatty
I got a small pike in the reeds on the on the Bluegrass Mad Maxx Frog and Hack Jig.  I also lost a respectable bass by the cane on the Hack Jig when the fish hung me on a reed.  I also missed a couple of hooksets on who knows what on the North end of the reed bed.  The tornado siren inexplicably went off three different times in about a half hour.
3.30lbs/18" Hack Jig/Craw Fatty
I went back to the reed point and lost a fish in the pads on a frog.  I got the 18 incher on the Hack Jig and got a 13 incher on Bluegrass Maxx and called it a morning.
Best 6 of the Morning
12 Bass
5 Pike

No comments: