Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Attention Deficit Dave/GOMH Evening

18.5" Shower Blows 105 (Bluegill)



12" Shower Blows 105 (Bluegill)
6:00-11:30AM GOMH, West Point, East of Jenny's, Dock's across the way
Conditions: 58-73℉, Partly Cloudy, NE Wind
Water Temp: 78℉

I decided to start at the GOMH this morning to try and get some hits on the Ever Green Shower Blows 105's I just got.  A toothy and a jumper obliged me on that score.  I also got 13.5" jumper on a green pumpkin craw tube.  After about 40 minutes at the GOMH I headed to the Trophy and went to West Point first.  I got a 14.25" and 11" bass on the craw tube there.  Then instead of heading to the NW like I planned I went to the pad point East of Jenny's.  I anchored as the wind was blowing in on it.   I got a couple of pike and missed a couple of hits as well.
18"/3.15lbs LiveTarget Bluegill Wake
I pulled the anchor and got this bass on the boat lane side of the point.  I then didn't go to the NW again, but went across the way to hit a couple of docks with the intent to hit the reeds and cabbage.  I got a 15.25" bass on a Fluke and broke off on what felt like a good fish on the dock that is on the point.  I then decided to hit "the dock" instead and headed East.  But then the trees and pads called my name so I went all the way to the NW corner instead.  I had a small pike take the Fluke along the pads. Didn't get anything else I fished to the docks and lost the plot while fishing the docks.

It was now coming up on 11AM and I went back across to fish the pad point East of Jenny's.
2.66/16.6 LiveTargetWake
I got this fish pretty much in the same spot I got the 18 earlier.  I fished my way home having one pike take a shot at the LiveTarget.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I helped dad get the deck on the mower, so I didn't get out in the Trophy like I had planned.
8:30-9:00PM GOMH
Conditions: 70℉, Mostly Cloudy, Light NE Wind
No body was at the GOMH.  I caught the reeds along the shoreline on my first cast and backlashed pretty good.  Didn't get anything on the SW side.  Had a fish miss the SB105 on the NE side.  I switched to a craw tube and got a 12' and 14" on that as it was dark and the skeeters were out.
12.52lbs My Best 6 Bass for the Day
5 Bass
4 Jump
5 Pike
1 Tooth

No comments: