Monday, January 29, 2024

Another Fun Morning Trip

10" THE Jig

 
The bigger of the two bit, thankfully

Finally started biting

1st Pike was totally lethargic 


1st bite of the morning




6:30 AM- 1:30 PM Rock Lake, 15-16' Used 3 different sets of holes this trip.
27-41℉, Cloudy/Fog, MC, 2-10mph SW switching WNW


I was slower getting out than planned. I had to drill out holes which was unexpected and made one new set as well. Total turtle time. Fishing was slow for the first half hour, and fish were small/missing bites. I had to re-rig to a Glow Demon and busted my line lowering a jig again. Eventually, the fish got active, and when I put the camera down, crappies were everywhere. That bite lasted until about 8 AM, then slowed down considerably. I did much better at landing fish than last trip, but still a lot of room for improvement.I switched back to the Gem-N-Eye after the first pike loitered through. It left and I actually got a crappie on the Gem. Saw two pike swim through. Not as many sunnies or perch around today. Finally, around 9:30 the pike started biting. I got the first couple on the Gem, then one dropping the Twitch to an immediate attack. Things slowed. I went to the new set of holes I drilled. I got a pike fairly quickly as well as a few sunnies. Saw a pair of pike for the second time and caught the bigger one (25"). I went to a third set of holes, not much there and the wind came up so I called it a day. Less sunfish but better size. I was often unprepared for those bigger gills as they came through. Fun trip. No bass.

44 Crip 
33 Sun 
10 Pike 
8 Perch 

No comments: