Monday, February 05, 2024

Slow Night On Rock

 

9' on Gem-N-Eye/minnow

Potato Chip

Two swans a swimming

4:50-7:30PM My Area Rock Lake
30-44℉, PC, 0-2mph S

I got a late start because Dad went to Walmart today. My back was barking at me on the way out. I drilled new holes right by the old ones and one set of three to the North. I don't know why I only put one camera hole. The one where I put the camera hole was near the 8" Sunfish Hole. Unfortunately, not much showed up there before it was getting too dark to see. I ended up catching 5 sunfish. I did hole hop for about 15 minutes. I came back and the bobber was down, but nothing on it. I put another minnow on and caught a crappie about 5" minutes later right before I was going to move to the holes where I had marked fish. Nothing more showed up and it was now dark. I hole-hopped with the Fish Trap and didn't mark much.  I ended at the first set.  I ended my Fish Swami trip with a minnow down. Sure enough, I got a bite but missed it. I sent down another minnow and the Cubby, which immediately got jumped. Giving me two crappies for the trip. No more life. It was making ice. I slowly packed up. Plan to be out in the morning and if that doesn't work I'll have to formulate a new plan. 

Oh yeah, open water at the PRO Opening narrows with Swans swimming and flying about.

2 Crip 
5 Sun
Saw a few small perch and sunfish on the Aqua-Vu 

No comments: