Friday, January 26, 2024

I Was A Hot Mess At Prime Time

 


Only gill I caught

Bullhead

Oh yeah, I should take a pic of one of these


3:45-8:15 PM 16' Same Holes I've been fishing at Rock Lake
34-37℉, Cloudy,slushy, 0-3mph WSW

I went and checked out the GOMH and Bulldog as well as stopped at Bear Trax for minnows.

There were about 4 groups fishing Rock when I arrived. None in my area. I talked to a guy who had been fishing the point getting crappies and a bunch of pike. Turns out visibility is ok before 4:30 PM. I saw a bunch of sunfish, a few crappies, and at least one pike. The pike missed THE Jig, but wouldn't go for the Switch. I lost the first crappie that I saw take my minnow. It was slow for a while.  The bite was pretty good at prime time, but I was a  complete mess trying to fish two lines. I should have just rode the minnow as it was getting dusted soon after I dropped it. I got a bullhead during prime time on the minnow as well. It was over by 5:45 and I struggled thereafter. I did lose a good fish when I didn't get the Cubby up fast enough and the lines got caught on the transducer. I did check the other holes after 7:30 with the Cubby, no life. At the end of the night, I went and drilled some more holes; It was sloppy. At the access, a female lake owner came along with her two dogs wondering if I had left stuff on the ice tonight. Weird question because she came from the opposite direction I did.

32Crip 
11Sun 
1Pike 
1Bull 


No comments: