Thursday, January 11, 2024

Sullivan Aborted, The Dog Produced Again

 
1st Crappie Demon/minnow

One of 5 or 6 ten inchers

5:00-8:30 PM The Dog Holy Family Hole 30' 8 to 12' off of bottom.
3-14℉, PC, 0-4mph W
Ice maybe 8" or 9" thick

The plan today was to fish out from Jaimen's Reeds in Sullivan. I got the car unloaded and discovered that my safety ice picks were missing. WTFrick! Not happy. As I was making my way out it looked like there was a pressure ridge from shore right through the area I wanted to fish.  Without picks, I wasn't going to chance it and turned back. I didn't get the car loaded until after 4 PM. 

I was grateful no one was at the Dog. I made it about halfway out before I slowed down. I put my holes close to where I was last time and only drilled one set. Only crappies again tonight. The size was about the same 8" to 10" maybe a couple more 10 inches than last time. It got slow by 6:30, but didn't die until about 7:45 PM. After I had my rods in the case I swear there was a pike that came through; Biggest mark I saw all night. I turtled it back to the car. Thank God there wasn't much wind; It was 3 °F. Twenty fish for the night, it could be a lot worse. Never did send THE Jig down, probably a mistake. My mind got thrown off by the missing ice picks.

20 Crips 

No comments: