Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Braved The Cold At The Dog


11" THE Jig

I got a hammer handle tonight

5:00-7:35 PM 30' Holy Family Hole at The Dog
3-7℉, PC, 1-4mph W
Ice is significantly thicker than last Thursday

I was slow getting going today. I really should have been out an hour earlier minimum.  A guy with a wheeler was fishing slightly to the East of my area. I drilled three sets of holes with no signs of life in any. So I set up in the middle set. Things didn't start going until after dark and the guy with the Wheeler left. I had a good hour of fishing and then things shut off. I got one 11 incher and one 10 with maybe eight 9 inches. They ran smaller tonight. I got the pike toward the end of the good bite. If I had just concentrated on THE Jig I may have gotten more fish when they were fired up. It was cold, but thankfully not very windy. I'll probably hit Sullivan tomorrow.

22Crip
1Pike

No comments: