Monday, January 22, 2024

Rust, Small Fish, or I Suck

Dinks were probably why I was missing fish


Last bite of the night

 
Fish may be smaller than it appears

8.75" First bite of the night

5:00-9:40 PM Rock Lake, I drilled three sets of holes. Farthest South was the most productive
26℉, PC, 0-3mph N

I wasn't in any rush to get out and it ended up costing me because the ice is just a foot thick right now, so I didn't drive out. I drilled 3 sets of holes out. I didn't have lines down until 5 PM. There were fish in my first set of holes. I was a bit unsettled missing bites and wanting to check the other holes. After an initial flurry of bites, the first set of holes died. I got one small crappie at the second set. There wasn't much life there. The third set had small fish and a 10 or so incher that came off at the hole sending THE into the cargo net. Missed several bites along the bottom. Ended in the first set of holes and stayed late. I did start pulling some small fish up in the water column and landing them. The last fish of the night was a gill. I'm gonna need more maggies. Turtled it back to the car, thankfully the snow was slick.

14Crip 
1Sun 

No comments: