Thursday, March 04, 2021

Sullivan Morning/Rock Evening

1.54lbs/9.75" THE Jig


7" VMC Fly/maggie (Glow)

Checked Out the GOMH When I Finished 
6:00-9:00AM Sullivan 25' Tul Hole
25-30℉, Sunny, Calm

Got out a little later than I wanted. Not sure why. Parked right by where I got stuck the other morning. Drilled holes more to the west. Didn't mark a thing the first 45 minutes. Had something come through briefly at 15'. Put my jig at that level and it bounced immediately very tullibee-like. About 15 minutes later I had the same thing happen. Started seeing some activity near the bottom. Put the camera down suspended. Was working something on the bottom nibbling like something small. Got a mark at 15' again. Raised the jig to that level and the crappie beelined to it. Whew, skunk off the board. Activity continued near the bottom. I lowered the camera and caught a glimpse of two bull gills. Sent THE Jig down and got it pointed in the right direction. Had a bull suck it in part, but not hook up. I brought the jig up and trimmed it. Fat Albert inspected THE Jig and sucked it in. It really didn't have much fight to it. I pulled it up in the hole and I was like holy crap this thing is a blimp. I figured it was 11", nope not even 10". I had to weigh this thing as I knew it was a pound plus. When it went 1.54lbs I thought that can't be right and weighed it again. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of it in my hand. I wanted to get it back in the water ASAP. I saw a bunch of shiners and perch. Didn't see any more gills. When I got out of my Trap there was a flock of swans flying from East to West across the lake, cool. I went and took a picture at the GOMH on my way home. It is going to be a week plus before any open water, I think.
___________________________________________________________________________



Oopsie

5:00-8:00PM 8-10' Sun Spot, 15' MY Spot Rock Lake
34-42℉, Sunny, Calm

I was watching the Harris Chain Open. The weighmaster didn't know how to pronounce Brainerd when Tuma was up. He had 12-6, which put him in 58th. I also watched Josh Douglas weigh-in he was in 68th about a pound behind Keith. I wasn't in a big rush to get out. When I arrived I elected to not drill any new holes at the Sun Spot unless something stood out to me. It didn't. I caught a few perch and sunnies until it got dark. Switched to My Spot at 6PM. Caught 7 crappies.

25 Perch
10 Sunfish
7 Crips

No comments: