Friday, March 26, 2021

Lost A Bullhead Because Of the Cable

 

Open about 50% to the Small Island.

Kayaker When I Arrived

7:00-8:15PM GOMH SW, SE, NE
42℉, MC, 3mph SE

I dropped off garbage at the lake place then headed to Rock, which is in a holding pattern. I then went to the GOMH. Fatso was up in the tree when I took a picture of the Kayaker. I was going down on the SE side, but before I could head there, he pulled out and headed somewhere else. I went down on the SW side. I started fishing with THE Jig with a crappie minnow. Much to my amazement on about the fifth cast, the Rocket Bobber stood up then went under. Bullhead on! It was a jumper. When I was getting off the steps, I lost focus on fighting the fish, and the darn fish swam under the cable. When I tried to reel her back through, she got caught up and got off. Luckily I got THE Jig back; it was snagged for a bit. That was the only bite I got. Not happy I missed the fish due to a fluke of bad luck. 


No comments: