Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Skunked On Sullivan Morning/Good Bite At Rock In the Evening

No filter, it didn't look like that in real life either. Cool pic though


The camera didn't catch my white breath well

6:00-7:20 or So 25' Tullibee Hole
28℉, PC, 10-35mph SSW

I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing while trying to drive to the Tullibeehole and ended up getting stuck in a pretty good-sized snowdrift. I made the mistake of setting up on my Tul Hole waypoints rather than using the truck for a windbreak. I was only about 20 feet away from the spot.  I ended up not marking anything and one wind gust blew me about two feet before I got anchored again. I did have something small swim away from the camera near the bottom. Very low visibility. After about an hour of nothing, I had enough. There was an eagle flying around to the South when I got out of the Fish Trap. I tried digging the truck out but it wasn't budging. I had the truck almost completely packed when a truck pulled up to the NE access. I flagged him down and he came and pulled me out. Not a great trip.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11.5" THE Jig
4:30-6:30PM 15' My Spot Rock
35-42℉, PC, 0-6mph SSW

Basically sat there for an hour and a half with nothing going on. Then I finally had a couple fish come in on the Rippin Rap. Put THE Jig down and the big girl was on it like white on AIU. I decided to keep it to give to a widow friend. The next fish was a 10-incher. The rest of them were 8" or smaller. I ended up keeping 4. Even split again between THE Jig and Demon/Minnow. It was nice that the wind had really died down by the time I got out and diminished from there.

28 Crips

No comments: