Friday, March 12, 2021

Morning at Sullivan/Evening Skunk At Rock



 I got a bit of a late start this morning because of the truck acting up yesterday, so I took my first trip using the Kia Soul with the Fish Trap. I was the first person at the access and it was 18-degrees out. Colder than I expected. I decided to try closer to the saddle in 25'. When I was getting my rods ready there was something down there that was gone by the time I was putting lines down. Didn't mark anything until it was light out and I had the camera down. Had a crappie show and track into view, but then a wheeler was motoring by and the fish spooked. Had the exact thing happen a second time. Had a 9" sunfish come in and suck in the pink VMC Fly with Polli. The line got tangled with the Glow Demon line on the way up. Because of that mess, I mishandled the fish when I was trying to get the camera out of my bibs and I dropped the fish right in the Aqua-Vu hole. I saw a few small shiner and perch near the bottom. Had a couple of possible tullibees come through quickly. I left at 8Am. Started fishing at 6AM.

Didn't get to Rock until after 5PM because I wasn't really motivated. On my way out I had 6 swans fly over en route to the RPRO. I went to where I caught them last night. I had a pike down there swimming around for 15-minutes. Had a big sunfish swim through while the pike was still around. Also had a school of perch swim through briefly. The pike came back for one last pass. I pulled the camera up. Had a fish come in and bite the VMC Fly on the Meat Stick. Was a solid pick-up, but I didn't get to see what it was. Nothing was going on so I hole hopped. Nothing going on there either. I packed up at 7PM. 

No comments: