Thursday, March 18, 2021

Almost a Great Night On Rock

10" THE Jig (O/C)

 




6:30-9:00PM 6-10' In front of the Reeds at Rock
31-34℉, MC, 0-4mph SSE

Stopped at the GOMH on the way out. Almost saw an otter and some swans get in a scuffle. When I arrived at Rock a guy was just getting loaded up. He had gotten a couple of bass but didn't find any crappie or sunfish of any size. I told him about my lack of even seeing a bass this winter. I got unloaded and looked down a few of his holes in front of the reeds. In the shallowest one, I spotted some sunfish in the weeds. I down viewed and didn't drill any more holes. Had a few small sunnies come in and nip at me. Then a nice size bass came in and took THE Jig before I realized that is what it was, could have been a doggy but I don't think so. I set the hook and immediately broke off. Fiddled with a few sunfish with the pink VMC Fly/Polli. Had a slab come in and grab the fly. She was flopping back and forth in the hole. I couldn't get her lip and she came off. I tried to scoop her in, but she slid out of my hand and down the hole. That fish might have been my personal best, had to be pushing 14-inches. I blew it. I caught a 10' several minutes later than it kind of died. I sent the camera down a hole that was in 10' over the break and there were shiners and perch all over the place. I drilled a couple more holes and moved shop. The glow Demon was hot for about 20 minutes, then things slowed down. They loved tiny minnows. One of my lanterns came off the hook and was behind the orange bucket. I thought it went down the hole. I fished until 9:00PM.  One of my lanterns came off the hook and was behind the orange bucket. I thought it went down the hole and only found it while I was packing up to leave.

No comments: