Monday, March 01, 2021

Fishing Year 2021 Starts Off with Fish

8" Rippin Rap


                                             

7' Glow Demon/Minnow

4:30-7:00PM 15' My Spot
16-21℉, PC, 4-7mph WSW

I went and bought my fishing license at Bear Trax. Today marks the start of the 2021/22 fishing season in Minnesota. I set up in the holes from yesterday, drilling one more for the camera. I didn't optimize for wind direction. The wind wasn't bad, but it was cold once the sun went down. I caught 17 crappies tonight about half and half between the Demon and THE Jig, also got a couple on the Rippin Rap. Saw a couple sunnies on the camera. didn't see a lot of fish. The first school of crappies was hot for the minnow; After that, it was one here one there on it. I think I marked a lot of small fish tonight. Aggressive fish that I couldn't detect the bites. I caught a couple of the little guys. It was so cold in the Trap tonight that I had to hold the forceps above the heater to get it unstuck from my hand at one point. Thankfully warmer weather arrives tomorrow.

17 Crappies 

No comments: