Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Small Bite Window Tonight At Rock

10.5" THE Jig


Started off with a double
4:00-8:00PM 15' My Spot
35-44℉, PC, 0-3mph

I got some more minnows and propane at Bear Trax. Forgot to go take a picture at the GOMH. When I arrived at Rock there was one truck at the Access and three on the lake. Thankfully no one in my area. I got set up and waited. I dropped the rubber stopper for the Aqua-Vu panner in the lake because I got careless. The second time I have done that, doh! Why they make it out of non-floating dense rubber is a mystery to me. Rather than get disgusted with myself and just go to the Rapala Panner which isn't the greatest with Aqua-Vu 5c thin cord I thought about what would make a substitute for the stopper. Turns out I had a small round bobber in a tackle box and it worked ok. I am going to try a couple of larger bobbers that I found when I got home. I also switched around the Clam Rod Holder after I got home. There wasn't much going on until just before 6PM when the fish moved in. I did see a couple sunnies and schools of perch. The crappies bit pretty well for about a half hour then disappeared. I got most of them on the Demon/minnow. It was put the minnow down get bit. At 7PM I decided to head over to the sunfish area to drill holes on the theory that the fish may be using weeds during the day now. With the way the weather is now those holes will be ready for my use the rest of the year. I enjoyed being out as there was no wind. I put a Rippin Rap down but didn't mark anything. 

19 Crappie
3 Sunfish
20 or more Perch

No comments: