Thursday, March 11, 2021

Back On the Horse At Rock Lake

8" VMC Fly (Pink)

 

GOMH today, dang snow

4:00-7:30PM 15' Rock My Area
32-38℉, PC, 2-15mph WSW

I forced myself to get out fishing today as I just wasn't that excited about going. Glad I went, just wish I would have remembered about the Snatcher Meeting tonight which totally did not enter my mind today until after 9PM. I drove by the GOMH to get a picture. Too bad we had to get the snow. The ice had gone completely gray. It is gonna take at least a couple of days to get back to that.

I started by the access hoping to be able to set up close. The ice is maybe 7" thinner than last Friday, Amazin! I was on my second hole when CO Vang came out to check my license. I didn't see anything but one perch in the 4 or 5 close-in holes I drilled. I then went to the gap and got set up with the camera. Didn't see any signs of life so I drilled more holes and went hole hopping. Of course, I found activity only in the farthest set. I left the camera in place and fished until 7:30PM. Putting stuff back in the truck was a cluster as I parked at too sharp an angle and with a wheel off the ramp. I ended up having to be on my knees to lift the Fish Trap in and popped off the nut that holds the poles to the frame. So I had to find the nut and washer. The Trap slid down so I wasn't at an ideal angle and had to adjust it a couple of times. Eventually, I got it together. The truck started running rough and the check engine light came on before I got to 8. 



No comments: