Tuesday, February 28, 2017

When A Plan Doesn't Come Together

Out for a fishing trip on a grey snowy day.
4:30-7:30PM Rock Lake My Spot
Conditions: 33-30℉, Cloudy, Some Snow, Light N wind
Lugging the stuff out wasn't to bad in the fresh 1" to 2"
The plan was to set up on the waypoint holes then watch and catch fish.  The problem was the fish weren't there. I never put the camera down because I didn't mark anything.  After 20 minutes of that, I left the minnow with the Fish Trap and went out and hole hopped making my way South.  I had 5 sets of holes drilled.  I didn't mark anything until I got to the 4th set.  I dropped the VMC Fly down on it and it showed interest for a few moments and then left.  I marked something in the 5th set and as soon as I dropped on it the fish swam off.

I drilled some single holes going back North hoping to hit the 12' to 9' foot range.  I ended up still being in 14' or 15' feet.  I did have one fish that was kind of hot, but I didn't detect a hit.  I then drilled some holes in 9' to 10'.  I think I had some perch in them.  I went to one of the 14' holes and had a good bite that I didn't hook up on.  I drilled a couple of holes in 6' to 8' with weeds.  It was too dark to sight fish by then so that was a waste.  I ended up going back to my original sets of holes and missed one bite in them.  There was something causing interference in the area that has been the sweet zone.  No crappies came in on the Demon and minnow.  I gave up at 7:30PM.
Rock Lake Public Access as I was unloading

The ice heave that has been there all winter long.
  

No comments: