Sunday, February 05, 2017

Doh! I Forgot the Rods

Waiting for Dad to bring the rods
6:15-9:15PM Rock Lake My Spot
Conditions: 15℉, Mostly Cloudy, Light NW wind, 14' to 16'
The fog in my brain showed up on the camera this shot
I watched Major League Fishing until 5PM.  I had decided to go fishing instead of watching the Super Bowl and loaded the car during commercial breaks during the last hour of MLF.  I forgot to grab my rod bag.  I left for the lake at about 5:15.  I had unloaded everything and went to drill 4 sets of holes.  I did't realize I had forgotten the rods until I got my house set up 5:40. Doh!  So I called Dad and had him meet me at Beat Trax.  That cost me basically half an hour.
1st Fish/9" Glow Demon with Minnow
I started in the holes I did best at last night.  I got a 9" crappie pretty quickly on the Glow Demon with a minnow.  I caught my first six or so fish pretty quickly then they got finicky.  I left the minnow down at the Trap and went out and hole hopped.  I didn't get anything in the farthest South set of holes. I went to the other set of holes from last night and there was activity there,  I went to get my stuff and the bobber was down; a small crappie.  I then moved to the other set of holes from last night.
4" VMC Fly w/Maki Jamei (white)
I only got three or four small one's in this set of holes and pretty much the same at the next set of holes using the Demon and Fly.  I went back to the farthest South set of holes and lost what felt like a good crappie on the Fly.  Then I got a bullhead that pulled down the bobber.
10" Glow Demon w/minnow
I got a 9" crappie there as well. I ended on the holes I started at getting one final crappie on the minnow.

Fish were really finicky tonight and I missed a bunch of them on the Fly.  Possibly small sunfish, who knows.  Fish ran even smaller on average tonight than last night.  I only got one 10 incher.  The football game was over by the time I started the truck. Congratulations to Tom Brady and the Patriots for that epic comeback. I didn't listen to any of the game while I was out on the ice except when I drove to meet Dad.

17 Crappies
1 Bullhead


No comments: