Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Long Sucky Day On Rock

1st Fish of the Day 7" VMC Fly w/Jamei and spike
6:30AM-2:00PM Rock Lake My Spot
Conditions: 21-18℉, Windy North, Snow then turning clear.  Enough snow and wind to be very annoying.

Since the forecast temps where for temps to drop once the front passed I elected to go fishing in the morning.  I didn't get anything for the first half an hour or so.  Then I pulled up 3 descent sized sunfish on the Fly Jig.
8.75" VMC Fly with Jamei and spike
I missed a couple bites on the minnow then got this pike.
Corner of the mouth

22" Glow Demon w/minnow
 I then got my only crappie of the morning.  At least it was a fairly descent one.
10.75" Glow Demon/minnow
After getting the crappie I struggled to find the fish for about an hour.  It started snowing.  Finally I got some gills in a hole.  That action lasted about 45 minutes.  After that all I could find were perch.
5" VMC Fly
The sun came out around noon, but my body was shot and I didn't feel like making a big move, so I died on the spot.  The reason the day was so sucky was the combination of wind and snow.  That made holes I drilled disappear.  

1 Pike
1 Crappie
8 Perch
13 Sunfish

No comments: