Saturday, February 18, 2017

Lots of Fish on Aqua-VU

Not the greatest picture and the only one I took of the Aqua-Vu.
 The sunny at bottom middle had a nasty gash on the top of it's back
3:45-7:15PM Rock Lake My Spot mostly the waypoint holes
Conditions: 51-40℉, Cloudy, Very light to no wind SW

Pete wanted me to meet him at Garrison to fish after Bucks for Ducks, but I wasn't having any of that.  Good choice for me, as it was a total cluster for people trying to get off, not to mention all the standing water.

I ended up getting out later than I wanted too.  There were several trucks on the ice and the ice at the access seemed solid, so I drove on.  Obviously no problems.  I didn't use the Ion.  I was pretty much immediately marking fish in the waypoint holes.  I put the camera down and it was a mixed school or crappies and sunnies; I was really on top of them.  I got a few crappies on the Demon with the minnow and on the Fly with Jamei.
9.75" Demon w/Minnow
 Mostly the fish just milled around.  I did get a few sunnies and 1 perch.  I had 1 pike come through.  It disappeared by the time I put a spoon down. The fish pretty much split by 5:30PM.  I did pick off a few more.  Once it got dark it got tough.
5" VMC Fly

6" VMC Fly
I saw and heard some swans as they flew over tonight.

24 Crappie
13 Sunfish
1 Pike
1 Perch

No comments: