Monday, February 06, 2017

The Struggle Was Real

5" VMC Fly w/Jamei and spike
5:00-10:00PM Rock Lake My Spot
Conditions: 21℉, Windy North, Cloudy, 14.5' to 16'

I don't know why I changed up the routine that had been working so well for me, because what I did tonight didn't work.  I started off fishing the Rippin' Rap and the VMC Tubby. I caught nothing in the first two set of holes I drilled.  I drilled 4 sets and started on the Southern most.  The wind was strong enough to be highly annoying.  Finally in the 3rd set, waypoint holes, I put a minnow down and landed a 10" crappie.  I caught a total 5 nice one's in that set over about half an hour all on the Glow Demon and minnow.  I then went to the farthest North set and got a couple right away on the Demon.  Then I got several 8 to 9 inchers on the Fly.  I went back to the waypoint holes and got a couple right away on the Demon then nothing.  I went back to the N most holes and got 3 small one's on the Fly.  I then went back to the waypoint holes and got a couple more high 9 inchers.  I finally went back to my hot holes from the past couple of nights and landed 4 nice one's really quick on the Demon.  I got my last fish on the Fly.  Over all size was up, but action was much slower.  If it wouldn't have been so windy out.  I would have moved around more.

I only thought to take one picture.

21 crappies

No comments: