Thursday, April 30, 2020

Nice Night Fishing Not So Great, Should Have Stayed at the GOMH

10.25" Cubby/Minnow

16" Craw Tube (White)

17" Glow Demon/Minnow
6:30-6:50PM Rock
7:00-9:15PM GOMH NE S Bridge
9:20-10:15PM Bulldog
10:20-1:00 AM GOMH NE SE

50-68℉, PC, Calm

I arrived at the GOMH around 6:30PM.  There was a big pontoon parked close in on the SE side.  An older lady was fishing on the SW side. I didn't see anything get caught. As I was about to leave Lantern Man's son pulled up.  I informed him of when the silvers were showing up.  His buddy jumped down on the SE side pronto which was a great call because he just beat out another guy who showed up.  I then went to Bulldog and the guy with two chicks from last night was back.  I could have gone to the Bog Spot but made the mistake of going to Rock instead.  Nothing at Rock, so I went to go to the bog spot.  The guy and one of the chicks were there. The other chick was stationed at the juice.  I went back to the GOMH and the NE side was open.  Buckman D & D were there. Ella was fishing with the older lady.  LM's son had gotten a few jumpers and the pontoon was still there.  I tried for oranges for a while and didn't get a hit.  A guy in a Stratos came through and told me the water temp was 62℉, dang!  I caught the one jumper shortly after he left. I missed some bites.  The 8:45 PM witching hour came. I wasn't hearing much going on from the Southside.  They were getting a few silvers though.  I got one small silver. At about 9PM I decided to make a move to the Southside. John W. and his girlfriend were on the bridge with some other guy. I fished for a little bit and bounced just after Lantern Man arrived.  I went to Bulldog and missed three straight hits before connecting with a 10-incher.  I called John to let him know I was getting bites.  Then Pete called.  I got back to fishing just before John arrived. I got one little dink crappie and had a couple nibbles. John took off and I went back to the bridge.  Buckman D & D were gone. It was just the Lantern guys. I went down on the NE side and got three quick silvers and a toothy. LM Son left around 11:15PM.  I fished the NE side until about midnight then went to the SE side.  Not much was going on. I think LM got one silver.  A beautiful night though. LM left at 1AM and I left shortly after.

No comments: