Saturday, April 18, 2020

I Caught Fish, Finally!

11" Cubby/minnow (Glow)

15" Cubby/Minnow (Glow)

15" First Open Water Bass of 2020
4:30-5:15PM GOMH SW
5:20-5:35PM Bulldog
6:00-8:45PM F Flat
Checked GOMH on the way home

40-55℉, PC, 4-17mph WNW

Got bait at Bear Trax.  They have a panfish rod I almost bought. I will probably get it tomorrow. Fished the GOMH didn't get a bite. Went to Bulldog, nobody was there so I fished it, nothing.  I took the Trophy out to F Flat.  The wave action was knocked down a bit, but the wind was the wind. I anchored didn't get a bite, so I pulled up and did a controlled drift until I got that first bite.  It was the 11" crappie. The anchor was down by the time I landed the fish.  The dang wind kept me from catching more.  Couldn't tell if I was stuck on a weed or if it was a bite with that drifting bobber.  I basically got the fish over the spot where I got into the bass last Fall just a little shallower.  I landed 6 crappies and 3 bass.  One of the bass was caught on the pink/white Panfish Hair Jig with a minnow under a rocket bobber.  The fish didn't bite once it started getting dark except for 1 bass. I stopped at the GOMH on the way home.  Bullhead fishermen were on the SE side and Lantern Man was on the SW side.  They weren't catching anything.  I gave LM the 5 crappies I kept.

It was so nice to catch something for a change.  Also nice to get some crips out of the Trophy.

No comments: