Friday, April 24, 2020

Slow at the GOMH



I helped Steve clean my crappies today
5:00-5:30PM Bulldog GOMH SW SE
60℉, PC, Calm

I had to go get the muffs for the motor, which were at the Lake place.  I helped Steve clean the crappies.  On the way back I stopped at Bulldog and the GOMH.  There was a guy fishing from Shore to the South.  Never seen that before. I'll have to check that out sometime. Lantern Man stopped as I was getting out of the car.  He went home with 5 last night and stayed till midnight.

8:50-11:30PM GOMH NE SE
48-68℉, PC, Calm

I thought the rowdy bullhead fishermen were fishing off the bridge on the Southside so I went to the NE side.  I spotted an eyeball in the water the second I turned my light in the water.  I threw my first cast out toward the middle.  Bobber did something funny then went back to drifting.  My minnow was gone.  I hooked into a bullhead same spot I got the 13-incher last night.  At first, I thought maybe it was going to be a golden, but it was another 13-inch silver.  Maybe the same one as last night.  As I was landing the fish. Dave came over to see what was going on.  Dave is a talkative guy who has a place on Sullivan.  Turns out it was him, not the rowdy bullhead fishermen that I heard earlier.  He was curious about what I was using.  He went back to the other side and talked Lantern Man's ear off when he arrived.   I missed a couple of bites then a light boat came through.  They informed me there were a lot of crappies on the western shoreline but way out of my casting range. At about 10:15PM I switched to the SE side.  Lantern Man had gotten a couple. DD talked and talked.  Turns out he worked for Federal Ammunition and was an international salesman.  The gift of gab, who would have guessed.  Turns out he and LM share a passion for duck hunting.  The guy also knows his fishing as he was describing in detail something that was working out on Tonka this ice fishing season. LM got a couple more silvers before DD left at about 11PM.  A light boat came through at DD was packing up and I got 10" silver just after the boat passed under the bridge. That was my last bite of the night. LM got 4 more I think, but two of them went back.  I packed up at 11:30PM. A third light boat came cruising through as I watched from the bridge.  I didn't see anything.

Vikes picked O-Tackle Boise State Ezra Cleveland and CB Cameron Dantzler from Mississippi State and they traded away the second to last pick of the night which didn't make the Kfan staff happy as that they had been waiting all night for that third pick.  Buzzkill for them.


No comments: