Sunday, April 26, 2020

Not An Ideal Day For Me

15" Cubby/Minnow

Dad checking the plugs
So I got the muffs hooked up to the motor and it ran pretty good no knocking.  So we put her back in the lake, the knocking was back.  So we put her back on the trailer.  Next step, find a marine mechanic.  When we got back home mom wanted to go to Susie's in Pierz, so I drove.  We got back around 8PM.  I didn't get to Bulldog until 8:30

8:30-8:50PM Bulldog
9:10-10:30PM BSing at the Bridge With Bullhead Jim from Buckman
10:30-1AM GOMH NE SW
47-63℉, PC to Overcast light rain when I left, 3-17 ESE to SW

So I wanted to check and see if the sunnies were in at Bulldog yet. No, but I did catch a couple of bass.  There was some baitfish activity as well.  I then went to Steve's to drop off the knives.   Then it was off to the GOMH.  Lantern Man and D-I-L were on the SE side and his son and a couple of guys from Harding were on the SW. And a Bullhead fisherman was by his lonesome down on the NE side.  I struck up a conversation with the guy that went on for 45 minutes or so.  His name was Jim and he is a true man of the land. Hunting, fishing, gardening, trapping you name it.  He has a true passion for hunting dogs which was very interesting for me to learn about.  His latest pup Patti, named for his deceased wife, just had 12 pups; 7 Golds and 5 Blacks.   Eventually, we moved over to the Southside where I introduced him to Scott and they talked hunting for a bit.  After Jim left around 10:30 I moved the Kia to my spot and went down on the NE side.  I got a 9.5" pretty quickly which Lantern Man's son gladly took. I gave it to Brett's wife who met me up at the road.  We introduced ourselves.  We may have briefly conversed about how the fishing at some time, but I don't remember it. LM's son got two or three goldens and a 14.25" pound and a half silver bullhead along with a mess of other silvers tonight.  They were stacked up on the SW side with the way the wind was.  By the time Brett left at midnight, they were either shut down or mostly caught.  I got one 11" on a giant stickleback. LM got a couple of shorts.  We left at 1AM when it started to sprinkle.

3 silver bullheads

No comments: