Thursday, April 23, 2020

Morning Trip, New Garmin Fishfinder, Motor Problem and GOMH

13" 1lb 5oz







5:50-7:20AM GOMH NE, SW, SE
33-30℉, MC, 4mph ENE

I decided to give the GOMH a go this morning.  I got skunked, but the loons were calling when I got there.  An eagle watched over the scene.  An Osprey flew over and redwing and other assorted birds were doing their thing.  I got to Bear Trax and they were almost out of minnows so I held off until the afternoon.

The Scotty Transducer Arm and Mount came in the mail today.  So I got that put together and headed to the lake sometime before 4PM, stopping to get screws and minnows at Bear Trax.  I took my sweet time replacing a rod holder and fliping another one and getting that Scotty Mounting Bracket on.  When I was all loaded I headed for Sullivan a little after 5PM.  I discovered when running I will want to tilt up the transducer because it catches water at full speed.  I thought maybe on plane it would be out of the water but it's not.  When I got around the small island I noticed a knocking sound.  I continued on to the GOMH.  A guy fishing on the SW side asked for the water temp.  I put the transducer back in the water. 47.20℉.  I fished for little ways in the intersection without success.  It was 6:15 or so I decided to head for F Flat.  The knocking in the motor prevented that.  I called Dad and asked him to get the trailer and pull me out at the Platte Lake Access. Bummer Deal.  I think it might be the lower unit, but not sure.  When I removed the lower unit oil I didn't notice any metal shavings.

8:45-10:45PM GOMH NE SE
40-55℉, PC, 0-6mph NE
47℉ Water

John W. was fishing the SE side and his girlfriend was on the SW side. I watched him catch a 23/24 golden as we were shooting the breeze.  That was my cue to go down on the NE side.  I got the 13" 1lb 5oz silver bullhead first.  I took the picture and threw it back. Lantern Man arrived.  After John left I got a 10.75" which I gave to Lantern Man.  I wasn't having any action and the wind came up so I went down on the SE side. I only got one silver there.  At 10:45PM I had enough.  Lantern Man wasn't getting anything either.

Viking picked WR Justin Jefferson LSU and CB Jeff Gladney TCU.  I hope Jefferson works out better than Treadwell.

No comments: