Friday, April 10, 2020

Trophy In the Lake, Skunked





7:00-8:15PM River Mouth, Intersection, GOMH
48-53, PC, 2-7 S

The Plan was to be at Steve's by 4PM.  Be done with the bat prep by 5PM and be fishing by 6PM.  I didn't get to the lake place until about 4:15.  It took me until about 5:30 to have the boat ready.  Then I had to wait for Steve to finish work.  We left for the access at about 6:15PM. A boat had already launched over the ice/snow from when the ice went out a couple of days ago.  The motor started right up.  I got my clothes on and headed to Sullivan Lake.  Lantern Man and his son were fishing at the GOMH.  We talked for a minute then I headed to the river mouth.  Nothing there.  I went to the intersection and drifted all the way to the GOMH without a bite.  LM was having the same luck as me.  I was hungry so I headed for the Lake Place while it was still light out.

Here is what I wrote about the day at Bass Pundit:

It took me about an hour to get her dug out of the garage and water ready. A little mix up over what I did with the boat key was resolved when I called Dad and had him look for it in my room. When I didn't find the key attached or in my life jacket I just assumed I left it in the boat as I was packing stuff to go to the lake place. I had actually placed it on a shelf in my room, which is where I directed dad to look. He delivered it to me just as I finished up. I had to wait for about 20-minutes for Steve to get done with work. The dock wasn't in yet at the public access which was kind of expected. I had Steve drop her in the water. The motor started no issues. I unhooked and went fishing. Didn't get a bite.

No comments: