Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Sunny Warmer Slowish Fishing

12" Cubby/minnow

17.25" Picasso Jig


6:15-9:00PM F Flat Brown Boathouse
40-58℉, Sunny, 0-20mph I was in the protected area, but there was some gustiness after it got calm after 7PM.

My new Garmin Fish Finder GPS arrived today.  Mom had to run a few errands in Onamia, so I was going to take the Expedition up to the lake place.  I wanted to be fishing by 5PM.  I went down to the pole barn to get the truck when I realized mom had my tackle bag in the Kia.  So I scrubbed the Expedition idea and got the Garmin mounted on the portable carrier that I originally used for my Vexilar before I replaced it with a different better one.  I am still waiting on a Scotty small craft transducer mount.  That should come tomorrow.  Mom got home at about 5:10PM and had Porky Burgers, so I ate half of mine before I left. I started fishing at 6:15PM.  There was a slight ENE wind when I arrived.  I had failed to notice previously that I only had about a dozen minnows left.  I started at "the dock" on F Flat than worked my way to the juice like I did yesterday.  When I got to the spot I dropped anchor not leaving any slack in the line. First fish was the 17-inch bass, which somehow pulled me out far enough that the anchor was no longer on the bottom.  Right after I caught the bass those two large loons came in to investigate what was going on. I ended up drifting right over the juice not realizing I was moving.  When I finally looked back towards shore I had moved about 35-feet to the SW.  I was like dang how did I not notice that.  I then used the trolling motor and caught a 13-inch bass on the Cubby.  Finally, around 7:45PM I got a crappie on the Cubby.  I didn't get another one until after the sun had set.  I managed to pick up three more pretty quickly and missed a few bites as well.  I put a stickleback on at one point and fish would peck at it but not take it.  Finally, I took it off and put on a regular crappie minnow and got bit immediately by a crappie.  I think a small bass was the last thing I caught.

I stopped at the GOMH on the way home.  Lantern Man and his kid were there.  They had gotten one jumper, one toothy, and one golden. No silver.  I didn't fish.

No comments: