Saturday, October 06, 2018

Snatcher's Tournament Lake Washburn

8lbs 9ozs Hack Jig/Craw Fatty
Cold Windy miserable morning. I don't think it got to 50 degrees.

The Day:
Right away in the morning, my boater Smitty landed 3 bass.  I got a pike on a blue/black craw tube.  We jumped around a few places.  I missed a bite in some shallow slop right next to some shallow reeds.  We fished the area where Smitty did well the only tournament he fished the lake.  He got one small bass there.  I may have gotten a pike.  We worked our way to the starting spot.  I had a bass take the craw tube, but I didn't get a hookset and it came off.  I caught a couple of pike as we jumped around.  Smitty got his best fish of the day in the pads where I got the big pike at the end of the day.  We went back and tried the starting area once more.  Smitty got a dink.  We worked our way South and Smitty got a small cull.  I lost a small bass.  We ended the day working the pads where Smitty got his best fish.  I got the big pike.  I saw white and thought it was giant bass.  No such luck.  It just wasn't my day.

Results:  For my first time as a Snatcher I failed to weigh a fish and thus got zero points. Smitty placed 5th with 10lbs 4ozs.  Keith Tuma (16lbs) won his second consecutive tournament and sealed the Snatcher Mr. Bass title (AOY) for 2018. Nate Steinbauer had Lunker with a 3lb 11oz fish.

I finished in 9th Place for the Year with my second highest point total ever as a Snatcher.

Thoughts:  I thought I fished alright.  It was just a tough day.   The pike kept my interest up as  caught them throughout the day.  My non-finish had no impact on my end of the year standings.


   

No comments: