Thursday, October 25, 2018

Morning & Evening At Eddy's Jetty


2.44lbs/20" Jerk Shad (Crackle)
6:00-8:00AM North Jetty Center Standing Rock
41-43℉, Cloudy with light rain at the end, 4-7mph S

The moon had disappeared behind the clouds by the time I arrived at the Jetty.  Didn't get anything for the first 40 minutes or so.  Had a fish bump the Rage Swimmer at the Center Standing Rock.  I went and got the Crackle Jerk Shad and pretty soon it was fish on.  About 10 minutes later I got another one on the Jerk Shad.  Had a couple other fish bump the Jerk Shad and not hook up.  It started sprinkling and nothing was going on so I left.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.30lbss/21.5" Rage Swimme (Ghost Shad)
2.97lbs/21.5" Jerk Shad (Crackle)
3.57"/22" Jerk Shad (Crackle)
This rock had me fooled for a while

7:10-10:00PM North Corner and Harbor Mouth
43℉, Cloudy some light rain/mist, 3-7mph SSE

There was a pretty good ripple on the water and a couple of times I thought some wave action might start forming out of the SE, but it never happened.  I started off fishing the Jerk Shad working my way from the Harbor Mouth north.  I was just about to give up on the Crackle Jerk Shad when the first eye of the night hit it on the North Corner.  As I was bringing it up on the rocks the hooks came loose shooting the Jerk Shad into the tree. I went and grabbed the fish before it could find it's way back to the water.  I left the rod there while I measured, weighed, and took a picture of the fish.  I was able to get the tip of the tree branch to break off.  A few minutes later I caught a scale.  I quickly cast back to the same area and a walleye (22") snatched the Jerk Shad.  That was it for action on the Crackle Jerk Shad.  I basically went an hour plus without a bite.  I rigged up a KVD Jerk that never got used, a Tomato Jerk Shad thinking maybe the red color might help the fish to see the bait, and I put the stinger hook on the Rage Swimmer.  I was casting at the Habor Mouth when I'm 90% sure I had a fish hit it.  After a couple casts with nothing I went and grabbed the Tomato.  About 5 casts later it was fish on, a 20-incher.  I went and put my Vikings sweatshirt in the car as it was sprinkling again. I had taken it off because I was too warm and set it on one of the posts about 40 minutes earlier.  About 5 minutes after I started casting again at the Harbor Mouth I had a pretty good 23/24-inch walleye hit the Tomato.  I was pulling it over the rocks and it came off and back into the lake it went, bummer that I didn't get the weight for that one.  I then worked my way north casting the Tomato.  I did have something bump me and not hook up on the North Standing Rock.  So went and got the Rage Swimmer to see if I might get a hit on that.  I caught the rock instead.  I ended up going back to the Harbor Mouth and on my second cast, the 21.5-incher left no doubt about it choking the Rage Swimmer.  For the last ten minutes, I fished the Tomato.  At 9:59PM it was fish on.  I got it within 10 feet and it came off, bummer.  And that was my night.
2 Eye's Morning
5 Eye's Evening

No comments: