Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Eddy's Again, A Bit More Action Tonight



5.22lbs/26" Jerk Shad
6:30-10:00PM Eddy's Jetty North Corner, NCSR, CSR, Harbor Mouth
50-46℉, Partly Cloudy, 4-9mph SSW
3.15lbs/21" Jerk Shad
I was disappointed to see there was no wave action at the Jetty.  The wind was out of the South, not the SE like the forecast claimed.  I started out throwing the Speed Shad per usual.  Didn't get a bite.  The moon came up.  I switched to the Jerk Shad and started getting fish at the North Corner.  I got 4 eye's (21,17,21.5,19.5) in about a half an hour.  Over the next hour and a half, I think I got 2 fish; One (21") from the Center Standing Rock on the Jerk Shad and one (20.5") at the Harbor Mouth on the Grass Pig.  I had missed several bites at the Harbor Mouth before the Speed Shad finally got pulled down the hook, so I switched to the Grass Pig and promptly caught the one.  I also had several fish short strike on the Grass Pig.  I decided to go to the car and get a Rage Swimmer and super glue it to the swimbait hook I used for the Speed Shad. While I let that cure I switched back to the Jerk Shad and it was AWWWWN at the CSR.  I got fish on three consecutive casts (21,21.5,20).  I then had one get off and the action stopped.  I went down to the North Corner Standing Rock and barely hooked the biggest one of the night (26); It had followed the Jerk Shad in on the previous cast.  I didn't notice it was following until I pulled the Jerk shad out of the water.  So I cast out about 10 feet past where it was sitting.  The eye beelined right to it and hooked up on just one of the back trebles (See picture above).  Luckily it stayed hooked as I brought it over the rocks.  I got a 19-incher off of the North Corner at 9:50 or so on the Jerk Shad.  After getting that fish weighed and measured I decided to pick up the Rage Swimmer and fish it the rest of the night. Sure enough at 9:59 I got a 24-incher at the Harbor Mouth;  My watch started beeping it's 10 o'clock alarm as I was pulling the fish up onto the Jetty. A good way to end the night.
12 Eye's

No comments: