Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Short Trip While My Mind Was On Kavanaugh

18" Jackhammer

I am so totally drunk on thinking about this Kavanaugh confirmation that I forgot to put the trolling motor in the boat when I first took off.  I went to 3 Loon flat where the calm water was.  I did manage to catch an 18-inch, which I will get a picture of tomorrow, in between docks on the Jackhammer.  I lost two dinks on docks on the Terminator Jig and Craw Fatty.  I also lost something that felt really good.  Had a few hits on the Jackhammer that didn't hook up.  And I lost the Jackhammer when the wire leader broke.  Not sure if it was pike that did it or not.  I felt a hit and boom it was gone.  C'mon Man!  I fished for a little over an hour I think.  No hits on the Phantom, but there was some surface activity which is a good sign.  I forgot to bring the camera and notepad.

No comments: