Saturday, September 01, 2018

Out With Steve on Mallory's Birthday

16.25" Terminator Frog (Mud Camo)
5:30-8:30PM Chuck's Point, Green Cabin Bay, Access Across Point
80-70℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-5mph W
74℉
17.25" Terminator Frog (Hot Mud Camo)
Went out with Steve for 3 hours tonight.  We started at Chuck's Point.  Steve got the big fish of the night right away on a Terminator Frog.  I caught a dink on the Monsoor Swim Jig as well as losing a couple of bites.  Mallory called and Steve and I wished her a happy birthday. I lost 1 more dink on the Monsoor.  Then it was probably an hour in between bites as I worked us around Green Cabin Bay.  I lost a quality fish when it jumped and spit the Terminator Frog back at me on the South side of the bay in the reeds in the shade.  Steve missed a couple of bites and I had a pike steal my Horny Toad Legs.

We worked around the point getting bites from some bass and pike losing half of them or better.  I got us over by the cattails around 8PM.  I had a 4lber hit moving towards me, so I didn't get much of a hookset.  It jumped about 3 feet in the air and spit the Terminator.  Right after that Steve got the 16-incher.  That was the last landed fish of the night.  We missed a couple of more bites.
11.22lbs for the Best 6 Bass Tonight
6 Bass
6 Pike
Steve
4 Bass
2 Pike 

No comments: