Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Another Slow Night On Platte

15.5" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
5:45-8:20PM Docks Across, Double Cane Point, Access Across Cane
69-66℉, Partly Cloudy, 3-8mph NW
72℉

I decided to go to "the dock".  I got 13.5-inch bass off of each dock I fished (2 Docks).  As I was heading out I noticed several fish spook, so I shut down and fished the area with a Jackhammer and the Bubble Walker.  The skirt fell off the Jackhammer.  Not sure what is up with that.  I'm pretty sure it's a tied skirt, not a rubber band.  I got a pike on the Bubble Walker and that was it for hits.

Next, I went to Double Cane Point.  After no bites in 45 minutes or so I got out of there and headed for Access Across.  There was fish activity going on in the rice.  I had a good fish on 3/4 of the way in and coming towards me when it just came off leaving my line all tangled on itself .   I couldn't get it untangled (when I got back in I had to cut it off), so I switched the Terminator Frog to the Tatula XT.  I threw way back in the rice, had a good fish blowup on it.  Got a good hookset, but after 15 feet it got off.  I was really not a happy camper at that point.  I did get the 15.5-inch fish, so night wasn't a complete bust.
5.44lbs for 3 Bass Tonight

No comments: