Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Mostly Docks On a Dreary September Night

16.5" Terminator Jig/Craw Fatty (Blk/Ch/B/R)
3:30-7:30PM F Flat, Reeds Across, Access Across, Docks Across
59℉, Cloudy some sprinkles, 4-10mph NNE ENE
65-63℉

First order was to try topwater on F Flat.  Didn't even get one hit.  I caught bass on some of the docks with the bites petering out the farther west I got.  Biggest was 16.5".  Briefly tried topwater on the Flat again with the same result.  I then went over to the reeds.  Had one pike strike and that was it.  I then headed to where Pete and I got fish yesterday.  I got a couple of pike and a dink in the reeds On the yellow Terminator Frog.  It just wasn't happening.  The sky's got darker so I bolted.  I hit some docks on North Platte Lake Drive point.  Got one dink bass.  I then headed to the Docks Across starting at "the dock".  I pulled 15.5" and 12" off "the dock".  It started to sprinkle.  I got a 23.5-inch pike on the Horny Toad on the next dock down.  I got one last bass (14.5) and missed a couple of bites.  I got the jig stuck under the big dock.  I passed the rod under the dock corner and was able to get the jig free only to rehook the dock again.  The jig was stuck about 3 feet under dock about 6 inches under the water.  I took off all my top layers and leaned under the dock.  I was able to get hold of the jig but unable to get it to unhook so I had to break it off.  It was quite dark so I was done fishing for the night.
9.92lbs for my Best 6 Bass tonight
9 Bass
4 Pike 

No comments: