Monday, September 03, 2018

Out by Myself Tonight Catching Hawgs

4.89lbs/19.5" Terminator Frog (Green Frog)
5:45-8:15PM Loon Sex Point & Reeds Across the Way (North Bed)
72-70℉, Cloudy, 4-8mph ESE
74℉
3.61lbs/18.5" Terminator Frog (Yellow)
I started by fishing down Loon Sex Point.  I only had one bite and it missed the frog.  I made the move to the North bed of the Reeds Across the Way.  I had a good size pike miss the Terminator right away.  I was fishing along the pad edge when the big girl hit.  Thought she was gonna be over 20" and 5lbs.  Nope, 19.5" and 4.89lbs.  I then lost a bass and caught a small pike.  I lost a good fish and the nose of the frog came back destroyed.
  So I put on a yellow Terminator.  I caught 15.25" right away, then had a similar sized bass jump over the frog and not get it.  The fish didn't go for a jig either.  I caught a pike as I was moving towards the Cane Patch.  I lost a good bass and had a fish "dog me" on the north side of the Cane Patch.  I got the 18.5"  just to the South of the Cane Patch.  I had a couple other bites that didn't get the frog.  The skeeters came out early.  I headed in at 8:15PM.
10.62lbs for 3 Bass tonight

No comments: