Wednesday, July 01, 2015

The Slop Slip Plan Half Worked

Slop Slip at the Grumpy Old Man Hole
7:35-9:30PM
Conditions: Hazy Sun, light wind out of the SW, 70's

For the 2nd time in history the Slop Slip was launched from the Grumpy Old Man Hole.  The first time was years ago when the old bridge was still there when CollegeOutdoorsGuy and I did it.  I put it in and took it out all by myself tonight.

The plan was to get off shore to get more bites and more fish.  I got more bites, still only caught two fish.  I had a bite on my very first cast, missed it.  I wasn't ready.  I had the 2nd bite on and it was a good size fish, but it got off right next to the boat.  I'm pretty sure it was a dogfish that hit the yellow Horny Toad.  I got the 3rd bite.
15.25" Horny Toad
I missed the at least 6-8 bites, none of which I hooked, before I caught a 12.75" on a white Spro Frog on my last bite of the night.  Willard left as I was getting the boat up on shore.  I went and talked with George and Peter before I left.
I parked the SUV and boat in the garage seeing as how Mom and Dad won't be home tonight due to mom's fall at Renee's birthday party.  I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow morning.

No comments: