Saturday, July 11, 2015

Better Morning Out of the Cabin on the Slop Slip

18" Spro Bronzeye white
GOMH this morning
5:40-6:00AM GOMH
6:20-10:20AM Cabin in the Slop Slip

Conditions: Mostly Sunny, light wind out of the ESE, 75-63degrees

A couple guys were at the GOMH.  I quickly fished the SW side and a bit in the weeds on the NE side.  Didn't get a bite.  Water level is almost back to this Springs lows.

I then headed to the cabin to take out the Slop Slip.  I missed the first hit in Sherman's channel.  Had a fish wake but not hit in the inside turn on our side.  Missed a fish that hit in open water in front of Jenny's neighbors channel.  Missed the 3rd hit East of Jenny's on the inside turn there where there are some pads.  I repositioned and pulled this 15.5" and the 18" in the first picture in the rice along the open water in the span of about 7 casts.  I was feeling a lot better about the morning.
15.5"  Spro Frog
I then worked my way East to the missing dock.  I got 21.5" pike on the Spro.  Fishing back towards the reeds I got a 16" largie on the Spro and missed a fish on the Slither rig.  I missed a hit where rice and pads were in a pocket.  I went over to Jenny's to take care of business.  As I was coming out the neighbors channel I had a pike jump over the Spro.  I had a fish miss it's first 3 attempts, but it got the Spro on the 4th and it was this 18 incher.
18" Spro Frog
I drifted through the reeds missing a couple bites.  I came out of the reeds and picked up the Pure Poison and I had this 17" take it.
17" Pure Poison w/Grass Pig Jr.
I think I had another good one on, but I got buried in the weeds.  The sun and warmth were starting to get to me so I called it quits.

Updated:  Missed two bites in the evening.  Talked to the next door neighbors boyfriend.  Thunderstorms kept me close.

No comments: