Thursday, July 09, 2015

GOMH Slop Slip, Cabin Shore, Cabin Slop Slip

Evening looking towards Jenny's
8:45-10:30AM GOMH Slop Slip
2:15-3:15PM Cabin from Shore
8:20-9:30PM Cabin Slop Slip

Conditions- Morning temps to the low 70's, hazy sun and clouds, light to medium winds out of the SSW.
Afternoon- Mostly sunny, temps in the high 70's, wind out of the South so I didn't notice it.
Evening- Low 70's, comfortable, hazy sun, no wind

I arrived at the GOMH the same time the guy in the wheelchair with his family showed up.  I put the Slop Slip in.  The rice is high now and matted over in places.  First fish was a little guy.
12.5" Horny Toad
There was a little pocket where I got one more of the same size and missed one.
22.5" Horny Toad
I then had this guy nail the Horny Toad.  I missed a few bites and finally got a decent jumper.
16" Spro Frog white
After my Dr. appointment I went to the cabin and fished from shore.  I forgot the camera.  I caught a 13" bass on one of my first couple of casts.  I had probably 7-8 good hits getting one more small jumper.  And I avoided at least 1 pike.  The success made me want to launch the Slop Slip, which I did around 8:15PM.  I missed two fish that I had hooked up.  Fish were blowing up in the open water and it was totally calm.  My first miss came from the open water.  The other miss was in the rice:  A fish that missed the first time and got it on the second try.

No comments: