Saturday, July 25, 2015

Camera On the Fritz Tonight, I Got Skunked

Pic of tonight's sunset
8:00-9:10PM
Conditions: Sun and clouds, mid 70's, more humid than yesterday, very light SSE wind

I took out the Slop Slip tonight at the cabin.  I missed the first hit, don't think it got the frog.  The second hit was a pike that bit off my Spro Frog about 7" up the line.  I paddled over and found it and took this picture of it.
I had the pike swirl on my Slither Rig.  I then got stuck on Sherman's Dock which took about 5 minutes to get free.  I worked to off the end of the reed point.  Nothing was going out there tonight.  As I got back to the rice in front of the house.  I had a good fish blast me in an open spot.  I had it on for about 10 seconds and then it got off.  90% sure it was a bass.  So I ended up skunked.

The sunset was a beautiful shade of purple pink.  To bad the camera wasn't working tonight.

No comments: