Sunday, July 26, 2015

Good Morning at the GOMH



5:45-7:10AM
Conditions: Humid, 70 degrees, no wind, clouds and sun

The plan was to hit the GOMH and Culvert and then go to the cabin and take out the Slop Slip for a bit.  Fishing was so good at the GOMH, I didn't go to the cabin.  I started out with the Slush Daddy and didn't get a hit.  I then threw the Piranha and missed a couple of hits.  Put on the Jerk Shad and got this little toothy.
14" Jerk Shad in Sexy Shad
A boat was coming so I quickly measured it and threw back under the bridge.  I had a good fish hit, but get off after a few seconds.  The boat was a friendly walleye fisherman fishing the lakes for the first time.  He told me about a mid 30's pike that got caught at the Platte Lake access last night.  After he went under the bridge I switched to the S side.

I had a fish nail the Horny Toad, but not get it.  I then switched to the Piranha and caught a 12" jumper.  I switched up to the Jerk Shad and was just about to give up when I caught this fish.
13.25" Jerk Shad
The fish was a leaper and got the fish that were under the bridge fired up.  I then caught two 16 inchers in quick succession before the action died.

16.25" Jerk Shad

16" Jerk Shad
  I tried the culvert but nobody was home there.

No comments: