Thursday, July 02, 2015

Morning Trip A Lot Like Last Nights Just Less Bites

After fishing from shore I took the Slop Slip Out
5:30-9:00AM
Conditions: Hazy Sun, Temps in the mid fifties to mid 60', little to no wind.

I saw what I'm certain was a small moose at the curve on 51 as I was headed to the GOMH.  When I arrived I took the boat down to the water then went to the NE side of the bridge.  I immediately landed this jumper.
13.5" Stanley Phantom
I missed a hit on the Spro by the red buoy and then I went to the S side.  I got a small toothy on the SE side on the yellow Horny Toad.  He came out of the same spot as the bass on my first cast the other night, but it's wake came faster from farther away.

I then went and put the Slop Slip in the water.  First fish exploded on the white Spro Frog but missed it.  It wouldn't hit again.  I ended up getting a 13.25" on the Horny Toad about 5 minutes later.  I hadn't moved the boat.  I ended up rowing across the channel and fishing over by the dock with a pontoon on it.  I had a couple hits from toothy's on a Fluke, didn't catch them.  I then worked my way back to the road side and missed at least 5 bites.  The fish were holed up in the moderately thick stuff.  I finally caught one on the Spro as I was heading in.
14.25" Spro Frog

Was lucky to land him
I didn't get out in the evening.  Tomorrow morning my plan is to do the same thing, hopefully with better results..

No comments: