Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Morning GOMH Trip

I got out to the GOMH around 6:30AM this morning.  First thing I did was ring up 5 jumpin bullheads on the  South side from 13.5" to 16" on a black/blue Pure Poison with matching Grass Pig Jr. Trailer.  When that was finished I slowed down with a black/blue Chigger Craw and got 4 jumpin bullheads from 11.75" to 14.25" and a small toothy bullhead.  I also missed several bites.

I then went to the North side where I got this jumpin bullhead on the Mad Maxx Frog on my very first cast to "the juice." He really smashed it.
14.25"
 It's cool how the red from my jacket reflects on the fish.  I caught it's twin brother on the next cast.  The third cast's fish wasn't as enthusiastic as the first two and I missed it.  I had to let the area settle down, so I went and tried the NE side missing one hit on a Horny Toad and nothing on anything else I tried.

I managed to get this spawned out 16.75" and a 15.25" on a Frenzy Popper off of "the juice" as well.

The cotton was annoying as heck just to the east of "the juice"  I probably would have got more fish had I been able to fish there.

I left at 9AM

No comments: