Friday, June 21, 2013

A Short Trip and A Derby Fish That Doesn't Help

18" Breen Crazy Legs Chigger Craw
The fish doesn't help because my smallest was already 18 inches.

After the major water war this morning I headed to the GOMH.  The rain surprizingly had the water running back into Platte Lake and it was clouded up a bit.  I was out from 7 to 9AM, when it started clearing up outside.  There was a bit of wind but nothing like what blew through around 5AM.  I started out getting jumpin bullheads on a Grass Pig Jr. fishing on the South side of the bridge until a pretty big toothy bullhead wrecked that.  I then switched to the Chigger Craw and got the 18 incher.  That was it for the South side. I re-rigged the Grass Pig Jr and got 3 j.b.'s (15",13.75",12") on it before switching to the Phantom.  I got a 14.25" and a 16" on the Phantom.  My last fish was a 14.75" on a baby bass Zoom Super Fluke.  Fishing wasn't great, but I had fun.  I then went home and got my tackle ready for my tournament at Mission Lakes.

No comments: