Friday, June 07, 2013

Couple Hours at the GOMH

I arrived at the GOMH at about ten to 8PM and fished to 9:45PM.  There was just one guy fishing to the East of "the juice" when I got there.  I went and fished on the South side of the bridge and got this jumpin bullhead on the Grass Pig Jr.
As I was taking the fish off, the other guy showed up to show me what he had caught.  He didn't know what it was.  I informed him it was a "Dogfish" or more properly a Bowfin.  Unfortunately he had killed it.  He also got it on a nightcrawler so it would not have been eligible for the Bowfin Championship twice over.
We put it along my measuring board and we figured it went about 27 inches.  I gave the guy my golden bullhead.  We both went back to fishing.  I was throwing a Stanley Phantom on the SE side when a Grampa and his grandson's showed up.  I was lucky they didn't set up on "the juice" which I quickly took.  I got 6 jumpers on the Phantom and one on Huckleberry on "the juice".  I come to find out the guy I gave the golden to was from Maine originally.  He was fishing for sunfish.  He also took a couple of jumpin bullheads I gave him.

Here is a pic I took when my camera was acting up of a 15.75" jumpin bullhead.
The camera appears to be working normally now.  I left at a 9:45PM because the Grampa wasn't moving from the bridge.

No comments: